Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create Word Doc from Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

nat1967

Technical User
Feb 13, 2001
US
Hi group,

I have a report in Access that is giving me fits on several fronts. So, I have a question.

The report is made up of 3 subreports and 1 main report.
There are a total of 4 tables at work here link with parent/child links on the subreports. Combined, they provide all the correct information. However, as usual, when you email them or send to Word in an .rtf using Docmd.sendreport or docmd.outputto, things just look screwed up and not pretty. Boss says "Fix it!". :(

Is there any way to take this information directly to Word without using Docmd?

I have used vba to open word docs, insert small information at bookmarks, and other things. I can not for the life of me even come close to figuring out how to take data gathered in the reports and insert the into a Word document correctly.

Can someone give me an idea of what kind of code I am looking for? or tell me where there might be some articles that could explain this?

I am very lost. Nathan
Senior Test Lead

Since you have multiple parent/child relationships, you will have to query the data for each parent item and export the data into Word (I would create tables because you can access specific cells). This would be a pain.

Have you considered using Snapshot files (this is one of the options when exporting reports). The users will need the snapshot viewer which you can download from the Microsoft site. This viewer uses the snapview.ocx custom control that also allows you to view reports in web pages.

You should check it out (unless you really need it in Word)

Hope this helps.

Yep. I agree. I think I am going with SnapShot. It seems like the easiest and fastest answer.

Thanks for you suggestion.

Nathan
Senior Test Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back