Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create Windows XP Compressed folder from Access2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichD

Programmer
Sep 3, 2002
GB
I am trying to create a Windows XP compressed (zipped) folder from Access 2000 using VBA. I then want to copy files to the zipped folder and email it. The copying and emailing aren't a problem, but I am having trouble in creating the zipped folder.

Any ideas?

TIA

Rich

Bespoke and off-the-shelf Access solutions

Rich,
WinZip has a "Command Line Add-in" product that can be used for what you're trying to do. I think you have to be running at least 8.0 version, and after you download and install the add-in, you can create archives and add to them with the shell command in VBA.

There is also an open source product called Gzip, but gz archives will only hold one file.

Tranman

There is also the freezip dll.
Check the zip.mdb file on my website which has the dll and some routines to use it.

hth

Ben

----------------------------------------------
Ben O'Hara "Where are all the stupid people from...
...And how'd they get so dumb?"
rockband.gif
NoFX-The Decline

Ben,

Thanks for the reply and the download. I have had a look at it and have just one question.
Do you know whether a zip file created in this way could be unzipped by Winzip or PKzip, or would the recipient have to have the unzip routine that is supplied in your download?

Thanks again.

Rich

Bespoke and off-the-shelf Access solutions

All my routine does is create a bog standard zip file that is compatible with any of the compression packages.

hth
Ben

Ben O'Hara "Where are all the stupid people from...
...And how'd they get so dumb?"
rockband.gif
NoFX-The Decline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back