Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create virtual drive to write to multiple drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisBeach

Programmer
Jun 10, 2005
CA
Hello,

I hope I'm posting this to the right area.

I'm looking to make (or if it exists, find software) a virtual drive, that I can save files to, but upon saving the files to it, they will be distributed to other drives.

IE: I copy three files to my "virtual" drive, and it writes these files (one each) to 3 separate real hard drives.

The point of this would be to distribute my files evenly across my hard drives (which I use parity software to add fault tolerance).

Right now I'm having to manually push files to each drive to try and maintain an even amount of space accross them.

I've got a bit of a programming background (went to college for it years ago), but I'm not sure where to start, I've read about Dokan, but before getting into that, I wanted to see if there was a simple way of going about it, or a solution out there that already exists.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back