Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create toolbar for form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DriesG

Programmer
Jul 2, 2003
BE
Hi,

I have created a MDI form and a child form.
Both have a menu, created with the menu editor.
When I open the child form, the menu from the MDI form is replaced by the menu of the child form. That's ok.
But is there a way to create a toolbar that is displayed at the header section or somewhere else in the child form?
Is it possible to use a picture as background for this toolbar and is it possible to use an icon and text for the buttons?
In Access this is not so difficult, but it is new for me to do this directly in VB.

Thank you for any suggestion.

kind regards,
Dries

To build a toolbar you need to include Microsoft Windows Common Controls into you project (right click on VB toolbox and select Components). Use ImageList control to set images on the ToolBar control buttons. Right click on the ToolBar control when it is on the form to manipulate with buttons.

Hello Vladk

Thank you very much for your help. I didn't know how to get the toolbar control.

Thanks again,
Dries

The Toolbar control is part of Microsoft Common Controls. Add it to your project from the Project|Components menu. It's part of MSCOMCTL.OCX

In general you can look up a control in VBHelp, and at the bottom of it's description is a reference to where it comes from

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back