Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

create template

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddur31

ISP
Feb 18, 2005
US
I have created the report how can I save this report as template.
THANKS
MADDUR

Please, at least post your software version.

In CR XI (from the help file, rtfm!):

If an existing report is used as a template, these report objects will be applied to the new report:

Fields
Groups
Group charts
Summary fields
Hyperlinks
Bitmaps
Lines, boxes, borders
Static OLE objects
If an existing report is used as a template, these report objects will not be applied to the new report:

Detail charts
Subreports
OLAP grids
Cross-tabs
Maps
Embedded OLE objects
BLOB fields
Specified order grouping
Advanced summaries (such as Top Ns, Percentages, and Running Totals)

-k

Templates in Crystal seem to be more about applying a style to an existing report than offering a standard starting point. Useful if there is some fancy 'house style' that the report needs to conform to after you have got it working. But not if everyone accepts the basic layout that you'd get using the 'Expert' functions.

What I've done is create my own "templates", which I call __Template_A, __Template_B etc. I pick one up and then use Save As to begin a new report that is already set as I like it.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back