Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create table query and relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulbasi

Technical User
Jun 21, 2002
CA
Hello,
I have a couple of tables, one called tblUsers and one called tblQTdb
I have a query that creates a table called tblCurrentuser. The query uses the logged in user's ID to pull additional information for that user. I want to use that table and pull the UserID from it and pull information from another table called tblQTdb and display this information on a form. Both tables have a common field (UserID) but I can’t seem to figure out how to make it work.
The issue here is, the table tblCurrentUser needs to be recreated every time any user logs in. When I create a relationship between tblCurrentUser and tblQTdb, I cannot update it because it won’t allow me to delete (over write) tblCurrentUser because of the relationship. Is there any way to get around this?
I hope this makes sense.

Thank you

Why don't you just use the user's logon to filter tblUser. So in a query, tblUser connects to tblQTdb and tblUser.UserID (or whatever) has the logon as a criteria.
Not sure why you need to build a new table. First, everytime you do this, the database dramatically increases in size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back