Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CREATE SUBWEB WITH UNIQUE PERMISSIONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dance

Technical User
Nov 6, 2002
US
I am using FP 2002. I go to tools > server > administration Home > Create new subweb.

I click on "Use unique permissions for this web adminstrator"

It says you must supply an adminstrator for the new subweb in the Adminsitrator box.

I put in my name.

The gears move for a while, and then it comes back with "There is no user named [my name]". I can't get past this page.

My host has no list of "users" and no idea what to do.

Any ideas?

Does it prompt you for a username and password? And it doesn't accept your login info as admisitrator rights?

I usually create a new subweb this way:
right click in the folder list at the top of the list and create new folder. Give that folder the name you want for the subweb. Right click on the folder and select "Convert to subweb"

Open the subweb in FP and then go to TOOLS > SERVER > Admistration home.
Click the link to manage users and see that your login name is listed and to the right is listed as Administrator.

Go back to Administration Home and click the link to change subweb permissions and see if that works for you.

Tiffany

Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back