Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create site from template losing the links

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjoy123123

Programmer
Oct 22, 2002
US
When I save a site as a template and include content, I have 7 links that should copy over. When I create a new site based on this template, the new site will have 7 links but only 4 actually contain any text. The other 3 are completely blank. The only thing you see beside them are the bullet points.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Hello,

Yes I have had this problem, and it has been when links have contained characters like the comma ,

Did your links that showed up as blank had any characters which is not from (a-z or 0-9) ?

Cheers,
Thomas

As a matter of fact, it did have commas in it. It actually had 2 in a row, and when you bring up the link to edit it, it only shows 1 of them. Therefore when it tries to create a new site using those links, they are broken and hence, the new links are not created.

It is weird, though. When you first create a link with commas, it will work fine. But if you go back into the link to edit it, SP removes some of the commas so if you save it, it won't work anymore.

Unfortunately I didn't find a way to get around this. The links I am pointing to are static, so I can't change them. Thanks so much for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back