Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create rule for messages that are auto forwarded to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasslor

Technical User
Dec 13, 2000
US
Hi all,

I am working with someone who is transitioning and am recieving all of their emails as an auto forwarded rule. What I'm looking for is a way to seperate the ones that are being auto forwarded from the ones that he is actually sending me. Exchange puts in a line in the email that it's being auto forwarded so I would figure there should be some setting that I can create a rule against that should be able to help me on this but I've tried a few combinations and haven't figured anything out.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Create a rule that states the when an e-mail arrives with "Auto forward" (or whatever the exact phrase is) in the message box, it that's where it appears, to do whatever action you want done with it.

If you were to give a bit more information ie: What is the exact wording that Exchange adds to the e-email, is it added to the message body or the subject line, and what you want done with the e-mail then I could be more specific. Also, what is one of the rules that you are trying that you can't get to work?

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.

Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back