Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create Public Folder Task List

Status
Not open for further replies.

deintinis

IS-IT--Management
Nov 14, 2001
US
I am trying to create a Task List folder in our Public Folders that will be available to some of our staff. I would like to make it where we can assign tasks and have the tasks bring up reminders on the individuals machines. Is there a way to do this with Exchange 2000? or any third party programs I might use?

In Public Folders, create a New Folder, containing Task Items and associate all needed rights to that group or individuals.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
How Do I Get Great Answers To my Tek-Tips Questions? See faq219-2884

Thanks, I have already set up the public folders task list.
I am having a problem when trying to assign tasks and have the tasks bring up reminders on the individuals machines. The assign tasks is not an option or is grayed out. I would like to know if anyone has successfully used the public folders for tracking and assigning tasks while having the option for reminders to appear...Or do I need use an alternative option such as creating a new mailbox and sharing it with the individuals who will be recieving or assinging the tasks?

I think this is similar to what I want. Did you get a solution??

Public folders will not give you reminders, ever.
You need 3rd party tools or scripting for that.

Marc
[sub]If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, expect random guesses or no replies at all.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]
Have a look at the shop @ !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back