Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create or edit Title Template

Status
Not open for further replies.

cockleboat

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2003
GB
I am new to Premiere and am enjoying the product imensely but I am having trouble with the titler. User freindly it is not!
Can anyone tell me how I can edit an existing template or create a new one ? I would also like my text motion to start small in the background and zoom forward. Is this possible or can you only roll or crawl ?
Any help appreciated.

Hi there, this is not so easy to explain on "paper", you might have to tweak/experiment a little.

1)titler template adjustments

file->new->title->template-> i.e. entertainment->blue
notes->bn frame.prtl->OK ->
now......by selecting the black arrow(SELECTION TOOL)and clicking into the blue bars top-middle or bottom, little white handles appear around these objects, and you are able to alter/stretch/extend these.

If you place the cursor into the text itself and change the selection tool to the TEXT TOOL = T, you can now alter the actual text to suit you.

Also if you dont like the rectangular middle section, change it to an eclipse by right clicking in an empty space->graphic->eclipse

2)title zooming
create a basic title->save it->drag to timeline track2->right click->video options->motion->pause if title is running->center the start and the end->click on start->choose 5% from the zoom pane->click on end->select 120%from the zoom pane->click back to start-> play animation.. et voila!

TIPs ! STAY WITHIN THE SAVE ZONES, OTHERWISE YOUR TEXT WILL DISSAPPEAR OVER THE BORDERS OF YOUR TV MONITOR. ALSO IF YOU DECIDE ON A TITLE ZOOM ANIMATION, CREATE THE TITLE AS BIG AS POSSIBLE, REMEMBER YOU CAN ALWAYS ZOOM OUT LATER ON.
tHIS ENSURES THE TITLE ONCE ZOOMED STILL LOOKS CRISP AND FOCUSSED.

gOOD LUCK

"Life's too short, why worry..?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back