Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create one report using VB code from one single table

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphy123

Technical User
Feb 18, 2006
US
Hello,

I am a begginer user with VBA in Access 2000.
I created an Adjustment audit db that contain batches to be posted. There is only one table involved (tblAdjustment) The batches have several different amounts. I need to create a report that show the percentage amounts audited. The batches are audited by a user on forms that contains the follow amounts:

Amount = or over -($50.00)
Amount Between -($15) and -($49.99)
Amount = -($3.99), -($4.99) and -($10.99)
Amount > 0

I am trying to create one main report that displays the percentage totals for each amount range containing the count of audited ajustments within the amounts above and their percentages.

I know that I can accomplish this result by creating the individual queries and reports for each amount range. But I was hoping someone can direct me into creating some code (if not too complex) to simplify the report output. Or maybe SQL queries?

This report will be run on a daily basis and I would need to enter a date parameter as well.

Here are the some of the fields from my tblAdjustments:

AuditDate AuditorID Batch Amount Audited (checkbox)

The output report that I am looking for:

Ex: TotalAudited TotalAdjustments Perc
"Amount >0" 30 78 38.46

"Amount =<-($50.00)" 60 102 58.82

Can someone help me out?
Thanks.

I would start by creating a table of ranges:
[tt][blue]
tblAdjustRanges
==========================
MinAmt MaxAmt Title
-999999 -50 Less than -50
-49.99 -15 Between -50 and -15
[/blue][/tt]

Then you can add this table to a query with some other table and set the criteria under your range determining expression to
[tt][blue]
Between MinAmt and MaxAmt
[/blue][/tt]
You can then group on the tblAdjustRanges table and count or sum other fields.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back