Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create office equipment map form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadynn

Technical User
Oct 8, 2001
AU
Hi all,

I've had this brilliant idea to create a map of our offices and be able to graphically map the locations of all our office equipment, connections, peripherals as well as other information such as ip addresses and a comment if the equipment is down. So far I've created a form and designed a map in excel and have create tonnes of labels that indicate where the equipment is located, but this is not good enough. I want to be able to source this sort of information from a table that I have created that profiles all our equipment, so that if a computer is down and in need of repair, I can update the information in the table, which in turn will update the map.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do this? I have added a field into my table called location map and there are only a select few places where the equipment can go.

Thanks in advance, tadynn

I dont know how big your "map" is but my thought is move the information to a form in access and set the bkcolor of the object to the same of the form, add a column to the report for Equipment status. You could then on opening the form update the colors from the table... working equipment stay with the set the same color as backgound... Down in need of repair yellow, in need of replacement Red

so all you would need to do is loop throught the recordset on opening the form an update the bkcolor property

is this what you were looking for???

--Todd

TechnicalUser pretending to be a programmer(shhh… the boss doesn’t know yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back