Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create New Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2001
JM
I recently created New Year for a client so that they could data key 2006 transactions. They are still able to post 2005 transactions; however, when they try to post Jan 2006 batches (AP), they get the following:

Errors found during posting sequence 389. Check the error batch 000415 and journal error report for details.

Fisrt of all, where do you find the 'journal error report'?

I am wondering if there is something I forgot to do when Creating New Year, since they are still able to post 2005.

Can somebody shed some light?

G/L Reports/Posting Journals.

You can't post 2006 transactions until you create the new year in G/L. You've only created the Fiscal Year.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

OK, Jay. Point taken...my problem (or rather my client's problem) is this: they still have stuff to enter for 2005. If I do a 'Create New Year' in the GL, then they wouldn't be able to enter those outstanding 2005 entries.

Is there a way that they could create the new year in the GL and still post any wayward 2005 batches that need to be posted? The problem right now is that the GM needs to see the activity for Jan 2006 and is unable to get that info at hand.

Uhh, have you read the manual lately? You can post to previous years all you want. Go ahead and close it.

Jay Converse
IT Director
Systemlink, Inc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back