Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create New route pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

khankhan

Technical User
Aug 11, 2009
CA
I need to create new route pattern and question is
how many digits should be deleted under "no of digits deleted" in trunk group line?

Also what is "rest", "unrest", "bothept", bothunr, as-needed ? Does it have any importance? can i leave it as default which is "rest" ?

trying to find which values to use?

ch route-pattern 993 Page 1 of 3
Pattern Number: 993 Pattern Name: TEHO Banglore
SCCAN? n Secure SIP? n
Grp FRL NPA Pfx Hop Toll No. Inserted DCS/ IXC
No Mrk Lmt List Del Digits QSIG
Dgts Intw
1: 1 3 n user
2: 201 3 4 0 n user
3: 301 3 4 0 n user
4: n user
5: n user
6: n user

BCC VALUE TSC CA-TSC ITC BCIE Service/Feature PARM No. Numbering LAR
0 1 2 M 4 W Request Dgts Format
Subaddress
1: y y y y y n n bothept next
2: y y y y y n y as-needed unre next
3: y y y y y n y as-needed unre none
4: y y y y y n n rest none
5: y y y y y n n rest none
6: y y y y y n n rest

Many thanks...

Hi..Thnks,

We do have tie-trunks. Pls advise.

How many digits should be deleted under “no of digits deleted" in trunk group line?"

It completely depends on how the digits dialed needs to be routed.

Here's a simple explanation to the fields
Grp No = The number of the trunk group
FRL = A Facility Restriction Level; (a value of 0 is the least restrictive.)
NPA (Area Code)
Call Type = aar or ars (Are you routing private or PSTN)

Also what is "rest", "unrest", "bothept", bothunr, as-needed ? Does it have any importance? can i leave it as default which is "rest" ?

Yes you can leave rest but again it depends what you want your calls to do. If you’re CM receives a Denial Events message it looks at the LAR field.

If your LAR is set to next, your CM sends the Call Setup message to the next route in the route pattern.

I use this for redundancy on our H.323 trunks so calls are routed over PSTN if VoIP trunks are down or latency is high.

What type of switch are you programming? I'll see if I have some docs or go to Avaya and grab the programming docs for your switch.

A lack of Planning On Your Part; Does Not Constitute an Emergency On My MINE!

The best thing you can do with any route plan change is to use the command:

list ars route-chosen <phone-number-dialed>

You can also use:

list aar route-chosen <extension>

This will show you which route pattern is in use for any phone number dialed in the system. Any digit modifications will show in the lower part of the screen and show you the actual outpulsed digits. (If there are any deletions or adds.)

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Quick run-down on setting up UDP to trigger route pattersn, basically if you want a particular number or number range to utilise a specific route pattern the easiest way of doing this is via the UDP (Uniform Dialplan) lets say I have a new site linked by tie lines and they use the extension range 20xxx. I would create an entry in the UDP for 20 (ch Uniform 20) and set the length (Len) to 5 (as its a five digit dialplan hence the xxx)I'd then insert some digits (3 is standard) to steer the call to the appropriate route pattern via AAR. The Entry should look like this:
Matching Insert Node
Pattern Len Del Digits Net Conv Num
20 5 0 889 aar n

Notice that I am not deleting any digits here as I want to pass the whole 5 digits to my new site. Now I need to create an entry into the AAR Analysis table (cha aar ana 889) to pick up the steering code I have just put in:
Dialed Total Route Call Node ANI
String Min Max Pattern Type Num Reqd
889 8 8 410 pubu n
You will see that we only consider 8 digit numbers so we dont mess around with any local dialling (assuming you are not using 9 for an outside line etc.) this is because the extension is 5 digits and the steer code is 3 5+3=8. we then specify that when this test is met we want these calls to utilise route pattern 410. We then create the route pattern 410 (cha route 410) and specify the trunks we want the calls to go out on, we probably would specify the tie-lines first but then say we run out of trunks could possibly send the call over the public network as a secondary choice (if you have DID at the new site and local trunks)
When we pass the call over the tie trunk we want to delete the 3 digits we added as the steering code as the other end wont understand 889. Say our number plan over at the other site gave us a PSTN number of 01234520xxx then on the public trunk selected as the second preference we would delete 3 digits and insert (9)012345

Hope this helps.

cheers,

Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back