Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create new "module" - Anyone experienced here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinkertoy

Programmer
May 10, 2002
US
I am creating a module that will track transfer requests by employees - An employee makes a request to transfer to one or more depts. I need to track the date and the department by employee, and additional other information. I got the record part, page, component, menu, etc. But the code that triggers a "remove all requests" when a person is actually transfers is a bear.

On a different note, I want to add a comments field to an exisiting module, the company property setup, I have added the field to the record, gone to the page and added the field to the second page. OK, I build, validate, etc. I go to the screen, and get an "invalid column name" error? Any suggestions? I am obviously missing something - there is no code, it just a field. I thought I would create a seperate comments page that is a "tab" on the company property, but I get errors also.

For both, does anyone have any suggestions for a manual or something? I have taken the PTI & II - but it did not address errors, etc. I am working in 8.3 HRMS, and PT 8.16.

Thank you!

tinkertoy
res07pyp@verizon.net

In reference to the "invalid column name" error, while you might have added the field in PeopleSoft, it sounds like the field is not on the database table. To verify that the table did get created do the following...

If Oracle then do a
(describe on the table).
If MSSQL, then
(select sc.name from syscolumns sc,sysobjects so
Where sc.id = so.id and upper(so.name) like 'company_mstr%'
order by sc.colid)

Good Luck

Hello,

About your column error : don't forget to build your record.

About your Pcode, write something like that :

if you got your employee and all demand of transfer prior to his current transfer select them by a sqlexec in save postchange peoplecode.

your SQLEXEC has the following form :

sqlexec(&quot;DELETE PS_XXXX where EMPLID = :1 and MY_DATE_OF_TRANSFER_DEMAND < :2&quot;;&Emplid, &Date_of_Current_Transfer);

You can do it on a special page with a button or with condition in your job employee page. Be careful !!!

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back