Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create NEW Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuckle05

Programmer
Dec 17, 2001
CA
Hi All,

Has anyone succeeded at creating a NEW form in Macola?

I know we can add to and pretty much change anything on an existing form, but I really need to create a new one.

Please define what you mean by "new form". you can create an entirely new tab on an existing screenset (I am using Macola's terminology here). You can place any executable on a macola menu, including a form from MS Access or a similar tool.

If you are talking about adding a new data table to the database, that is possible too, but it is not for the faint of heart.

Please give me some more info and I will try to help.

Don Gilsdorf
Triangle Partners Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Hi,

Actually what I need to do is Shell out to a small VB app that I created. I didn't want to add any script to an existing screenset, so I thought I could just go ahead and create a brand new screenset.

You're saying something about adding to the menu? That sounds like it may solve my problem. Please give me some more detail. Thanks for the quick response...

The easy way to do this is to right click the desktop and select "add shortcut". Then you can add any executable to that user's Macola desktop. If multiple people need this, you need to do this to multiple workstations.

This is controilled by a combination of the Macola signon, and the workstation, so if a user is across the office and signs on to macola they may not get the same desktop.

You can also add any executeable to an existing Macola menu, but that is a bit trickier. If you want to do that let me know and I will walk you through the steps.
Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Sure, I'd like to know how to do that. Can we continue this tomorrow morning, because I have to leave the office now?

thanks

Sure, please email me. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

How to add an executable to a Macola menu:

1)Create a .txt file in wordpad or notepad which calls the executable. For example:
M:\Macola75\Crystal7\Reports\DonsRpt.exe
(DonsRpt.exe is a complied crystal report executable)

2)Save the text file with an 8 digit or less filenmame, no spaces, and save it with a .EXT extension.

3) In Macola Prgression, go to System Manager, Maintain, Visual Menu Builder

4) Select the user or group you want to work with. If you want 20 different users that are not part of the same group to have this same menu, you will have to do this 20 times.

5) Select the module you want the menu option to appear under, right click on it and select "customize".

6) Select the menu item which you want to be right above your custom menu item, right click and and select "insert".

7) Type in a menu literal, select the "executable" radio button, and point the menu to the executable.

8) Save the user's menu

9) The user will have to logout, then log back into Macola to get Macola to read the new menus.

Thats it. Please email me if you have any questions.

Don Gilsdorf
Triangle Partners
Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back