Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create Issue Requisition using Mincom Connector 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimGreenhalgh

Programmer
Aug 22, 2007
US
I have the need to create an application that will create issue requisitions based on estimated material needs. I have looked at the documentation and it looks like there are four parts: 1. ValidateItem Method 2. Create Method 3. CreateItem Method and 4. Finalise Method.

I was wondering if anyone has some sample code where they are currently doing this. I would appreciate any help that can be provided. We are currently on Ellipse 5.2.3.7 wk3.

Thanks.

Wow that is a lot of coding since you will need to check for errors at several different places. We ended up using onbase system for something like you are trying to do.

I have just tried a similar process - creating issue req items - using the Mincom Ellipse Web Services. Both the web services and the connector calls end up calling the MSK140 program on the back-end, so I'm guessing the steps will be the same: 1.ValidateItem Method, 2.Create Method, 3.CreateItem Method, and 4.Finalise Method.

I found the "trick" is the handling of the msg140Data field. Grab it from the result of step 1, and pass it into step 2; grab it from the result of step 2, and pass it into step 3; etc.

Thanks PhantomPhil, that is my train of thought also. I have been working on other things but I am starting to get on this again.

I am trying to understand in the ValidateItem Method when it gets to the item validation it is talking about ReqItems and it says this is Mandatory. Must contain an array with a maximum of two (2) Requisition Items and their attributes.
Do we pass an array through the connector? This is the biggest place that I am lost right now.

I would appreciate any help that anyone could give on this.

Tim

Yeah i have the same problem please give us an advice to pass this problem.

here is the problem :
When im doing the 1st step, its get an error says "CHECK SECURITY FOR Requisition.ValidateItem"

I dont get it. what it is mean CHECK SECURITY?

Thank u

It means you do not have access to the Class/Method Requisition/ValidateItem. You will need to have your access changed... Drew

yeah i have it solved. but its still hard to make the connector. did everybody have done with this kind of connector? give me an advice please.

Thank u

I ended up using the old screen scraping method instead of the BOC. I was only needing to req one or two items per work order so this worked well for me. According to a Work Order that we submitted with Mincom, they did not recommend using the BOC to create requisitions but to use the screen scraping method instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back