Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create hyperlink in form 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

krets

Technical User
Dec 29, 2006
US
If I have a form and one of the field displays an agent's initials, how can I make the initials appear as a hyperlink that would open up a different form with a filter or query set for those initials? Can that be done?

It may be best to just make the field look like a hyperlink (blue, underline) and use to the On Click event to open the required form. If you wish, you can change the cursor to a hand in the Mouse Move event. You can also use Control Tip Text to prompt the user.

Ah, good point, I hadn't thought of that. The On Click event will work OK in a form in datasheet view?

I should add that click events can be irritating if a field needs to be edited. Double-click is often a better option.

Good point. I decided to go with a button on top of the form instead so the user can highlight the record then click the button.

Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back