Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

create Excel file using stored procedure

Status
Not open for further replies.

GShen

MIS
Sep 26, 2002
US
Hi,
I have used DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputStoredProcedure, stSQL, acFormatXLS, FileName & “.XLS”, FALSE for older versions of ACCESS and older operating systems.
It will no longer output the file on the newer versions. Running Access 2007 and Windows 10. It doesn't give me an error, however, no output file gets created. I tried xlsx and that did nothing as well. I tried DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputQuery, stSQL, acFormatXLSX, FileName & “.XLSx” and that does nothing either. Yes, in the old days I used to use TransferSpreadsheet. I looked all over. Maybe I need a different add-in?

Thanks. Wasting time on something which should be transparent.

Remember when... everything worked and there was a reason for it?

hey there,
I read the posts but that was not the issue. I got it working. The stored procedure I was calling is running on another server. So basically I call one stored procedure on the server attached to the ADP and it runs the procedure on the other server and passes the data back to the original server. Runs much faster. Anyway, when I copied that procedure to run on same server as the ADP, it worked. I runs a tad slower of course but not the end of the world. I even tried pointing to that procedure in VB on the other server and got the same results. EG. NO data was being passed back. Preferable I would like to run it as I used to run it but this will work. Thanks.

Remember when... everything worked and there was a reason for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back