Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create Disk Images???

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSRebeck1965

Technical User
Dec 4, 2006
I am new to Mac, and we now have 25 in the school I work at. I have been told that Mac OS X Tiger has a program built in to create a hard drive image for disaster recovery. I am unable to find anything regarding this.

does such an application exist? or do I need to go 3rd party?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hard drive/applications/utilities/disk utility. When that's launched you can read its Help for full info, and you really should because it does a lot.

If you're responsible for the computers, you should also explore all the other utilities as they can be quite useful depending on compouter use. Some of these utilities are called by others. For instance printer setup utility is called by system prefs/print&fax.

There is A LOT of stuff on your hard drives besides the obvious. It takes some time to become familiar with everything but it's worthwhile to do so.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4 & G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back