Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create custom PO report 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

heathlovell

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2002
US
Hello,
I am trying to customize a PO report. I can find info on modifing checks and other reports. (Thanks for the help on modifying Purchase Orders.) I would like to have a summary report that shows what was ordered and what accounts they go to. I would also like to be able to use wildcards so that I can have reports for each cost center ( *-03, *-02, etc.) Can anyone provide a good place to start? I have Crystal Reports and I also use Access quite a bit.

Thanks for the help,
Heath Lovell

To do this you need to have installed Crystal at your PC, and then start up Crystal, create a new report using the report expert, selecting standard, then selecting sotamas90 as the database source.

In the tables PO1 and PO2 you will find all of the records for open purchase orders, PO1 being the header, PO2 being the detail lines. There are many other PO files for receipts, invoices and so on, but this is the start for most reports. Don't forget to link PO1 and PO2, I suggest not using automatic linking, as there may be undesirable links. Go from PO1 to PO2, by PO NUmber.

If you need more specific help, I'm sure you'll re-post.

I was able to use Access and link the two tables (PO1 and PO2) that I needed. I then generated the report the way I needed it. The only problem I have now is speed. The linking process seems to work fine. I can open those tables very quickly. However, when I open the query that pulls detail items for the dates I need it takes about 3-4 minutes. I think it is because I have PO1 and PO2 in Access linked by PO number, but I don't know how to get Access to do what I want without linking them. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Heath

Crystal is a fine tool for writing reports, and it comes with every MAS 90 install - can I suggest that you try it, and compare it's speed with that of Access? If you can do the report in Access, you'll have absolutely no trouble in Crystal, and you can then put the report on your users' MAS 90 Menu as a Custom Report. Lots of benefits.....

Thanks,

Jonathan

Can you give some advice to help me start? I have never really used Crystal. How do I add criteria like a date range? Also, how do I add it to the users' menu? Any info you can provide will be a great help?
Thanks,
Heath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back