Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create chart using formulas that result in a 0 or 1 using CRXI

Status
Not open for further replies.

moopenguin32

Technical User
Dec 23, 2008
US
I am using Crystal Reports XI connected to a database using an ODBC driver.

I have 8 formulas that result in either a 0 or 1. Each formula is as follows:

Code:
If isNull({fieldname})
Then 0
Else 1

I want to create a bar chart that results in something that looks like the bar chart that I created in Excel which I have attached.

I am able to create a bar chart that shows bars for all of the 1 values. I just cannot get it to show the 0 values like I can in Excel.

Thank you in advance for your assistance with this.

"Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday." - Dale Carnegie

If you did a reversed version of the formula - 1 for null and 0 for a value - you should be able to show both figures in a bar graph. Does that help?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 10 & 11.5 with Windows XP [yinyang]

Thanks for the response. I tried your suggestion and it just resulted in the bar chart still graphing the 1 values.

Perhaps I am doing something wrong when creating the chart. Because I cannot create this data in a cross-tab, I am having to do the following when creating the chart:
[ol]
[li]Right-click on the chart and click on Chart Expert.[/li]
[li]Click on the Data tab.[/li]
[li]Click on the Advanced button on the left-hand side.[/li]
[li]Click on the drop-down menu in the upper right-hand corner and select "For all records."[/li]
[li]Under "Show values," I have all of the formulas as a sum.[/li]
[/ol]

I have attached a screenshot of what the Chart Expert screen looks like for the bar chart.

"Remember, today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday." - Dale Carnegie

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/moopenguin32/CrystalReportsChartExpert-08-06-200.jpg
I don't do many bar graphs, but I was always able to use two values. Can anyone else help?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Crystal 10 & 11.5 with Windows XP [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back