Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create button in excel that will sort worksheets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tejanorey

Technical User
Mar 23, 2002
US
I want to have a master reference sheet and have a button (might have to be done through macro) that once i select a cell and click the button it will open up a specific sheet in reference to the cell. Can somebody shoot me an idea on how to get this accomplished?

Tejanorey

"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
- Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War; shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered to not wear their khaki leggings to keep the enemy from immediately fleeing

Hi,

You could right-click in the lower-left hand (where the sheet navigation buttons are) and you have a sheet list pop-up.

If you need something different, try inserting hyperlinks on your sheet.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

SkipVought

Im currently using Excel 2007 and don't see what you are speaking of? I see the tabs that take you through each worksheet and so forth and when I right click anywhere in that area I don't get the options you are speaking of.

I'm am wanting to create a worksheet that will act as a form with buttons to help navigate through other worksheets as well as other things.

Tejanorey

"Do not attack the First Marine Division. Leave the yellowlegs alone. Strike the American Army."
- Orders given to Communist troops in the Korean War; shortly afterward, the Marines were ordered to not wear their khaki leggings to keep the enemy from immediately fleeing

Hi there,

Try this.

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Dim Sh As Worksheet

Dim x As Integer

For Each Sh In ActiveWorkbook.Sheets

Cells(x + 1, 1) = Sh.Name

x = x + 1

Next

End Sub

Private Sub Workbook_SheetBeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As Boolean)
Dim goSht As String

goSht = ActiveCell
Application.ScreenUpdating = False
ActiveWorkbook.Sheets(goSht).Select
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

End Sub

Thanks to tranpkp for helping me with this many years ago on Tek-Tips!

Remember- It's nice to be important,
but it's important to be nice :)

Hi,

Checkout ASAP Utilities at asap-utilities.com

It does what you want, Creates an Index page, and also Sorts Sheets, plus heaps of other goodies!

Good Luck!
Peter Moran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back