Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create Browser Survey - Populate into Database

Status
Not open for further replies.

tresanus

Technical User
Oct 7, 2007
US
Here is what I am looking to do, hopefully some can provide insight into my project.

I am looking to create a web based survey to collect data on a prototype calibration system. I want to create a webpage front-end that will allow users to input their data results. Questions such as, name of user, name of machine, type of calibration method etc. Basically I have to make sure the user can answer multiple types of questions (text answers, multiple choice answer, drop down box etc..)

After researching the issue I have found that frontpage can be used to build the website [ I forgot to mention, this will be loaded internally on a computer with no outside connectivity, I will have internet access ] So I have found that frontpage can populate results into an access database that will allow us to run reports on the data etc...

I am just wondering, does this seem like the easiest solution? I have become the tech guru for this project even though I have very little technical skills (more then the other guys I guess ??) I believe frontpage is user friendly enough for me to create this survey tool.

If anyone could offer any advice (maybe a more suitable place to post this) I would be very appreciative.

Thank you!

Also, does anyone know where I can obtain a copy of frontpage. I have found OEM downloads via the internet under 30USD, maybe this is my best bet?

Thank you fellow tek-tipers!

I am sorry users will NOT have internet connectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back