Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create BOC using ASP or ASP.NET 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmcguffee

Programmer
Oct 19, 2004
US
Hello,
I have the ASP code from the BOC connector files. But for some reason I am having trouble getting the connection to inialise and this is causing me great grief. I'm using the Mincom 5.2.1.5 service pack 5 and CICS middleware to connect. Does anyone have an valid and working example of the code to accomplish this? I want to use ASP.NET to get it working however I'll use whatever. It does have to be web based. Thanks

I've gone round and round trying to get ASP pages to work using the MIMSJ.dll as the Connector documentation suggests. I could get it to work when using the Connector objects but it would always fail with the ExecuteMSO method. We've had no problems using the MIMSX.dll with Excel/VBA but it's of limited value when you want to make things available through an intranet. We then opened a work order with Mincom and finally we were told that the MIMSJ.dll was not supported from 5.2.3 and beyond (we're on 5.2.3.7). Mincom suggested either using the MIMSX.dll or writing custom JSP pages. Since we're an ASP/ASP.Net shop I decided to do some testing with the MIMSX.dll accessing some very basic work order data through the ExecuteMSO method. I could not get any ASP pages to work. However, ASP.NET worked fine as well as my test C#.NET windows app. So I'm now in the process of writing my target app in .NET which is a much better develop platform then ASP in my opinion.

The following example code can be used after you add a reference to the MIMSX.dll COM library in the Visual Studio.net IDE:

MIMSX.MIMSXServerClass gobjMIMS = new MIMSX.MIMSXServerClass();

if (!gobjMIMS.Initialise(0,0))
{
TextBox1.Text = "Unable to initialise.";
return;
}
else
{
//MessageBox.Show("Initialised.");
}

gobjMIMS.SetParameter(MIMSX.MIMSX_PARAMETER_CONSTANTS.MIMSX_PARAM_HOST, "ELLPROD");
gobjMIMS.SetParameter(MIMSX.MIMSX_PARAMETER_CONSTANTS.MIMSX_PARAM_PORT, "0");
gobjMIMS.SetParameter(MIMSX.MIMSX_PARAMETER_CONSTANTS.MIMSX_PARAM_USERNAME, "");
gobjMIMS.SetParameter(MIMSX.MIMSX_PARAMETER_CONSTANTS.MIMSX_PARAM_PASSWORD, "");
gobjMIMS.SetParameter(MIMSX.MIMSX_PARAMETER_CONSTANTS.MIMSX_PARAM_MIMS_USER, "user");
gobjMIMS.SetParameter(MIMSX.MIMSX_PARAMETER_CONSTANTS.MIMSX_PARAM_MIMS_PASSWORD, "password");
gobjMIMS.SetParameter(MIMSX.MIMSX_PARAMETER_CONSTANTS.MIMSX_PARAM_MIMS_DISTRICT, "MZCS");
gobjMIMS.SetParameter(MIMSX.MIMSX_PARAMETER_CONSTANTS.MIMSX_PARAM_MIMS_POSITION, "");

if (!gobjMIMS.Connect(true))
{
TextBox1.Text = "Unable to Connect.";
return;
}
else
{
//MessageBox.Show("Connected.");
}

gobjMIMS.Screen.ExecuteMSO("MSO621","","","","");
gobjMIMS.Screen.MSO.Fields.Item("OPTION1I").Value = "1";
gobjMIMS.Screen.MSO.Fields.Item("WORK_ORDER1I").Value = "00067002";
gobjMIMS.Screen.MSO.Commands.Item("OK").Execute();
TextBox1.Text = gobjMIMS.Screen.MSO.Fields.Item("JOB_DESC4I").Value;
gobjMIMS.Screen.MSO.Commands.Item("HOME").Execute();

I hope this helps. I'm still working my way through this but I definitely see a lot of potential here. We're also going to be looking into Mincom's Ellipse Service Oriented Architecture as well. The use of web services have numerous advantages over COM objects to a developer. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back