Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

create an rss feed on my site that i can feed from a smartphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackrabbit

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2002
US
Ok here is what I'm trying to do and why:

My family are big NFL Tailgaters out here in Phoenix. I'm one of those idiots that dresses up and runs around like a fool but the fans love it. I have a website for it and have a few rss feeds from espn and fox sports that i use on my sites News page so fans can see NFL news.

Now what I want to do next is on a small area of the site I want to have something like a "blurb from the game" that basically displays the contents from my own rss feed. I would like to create a web form i can get to from my smart phone and enter in a title and a small description to let fans know whats going on at the game and then have that form feed that into my rss feed replacing the stuff that was there so when a user refreshes or opens my website they see the up to date blurb.

In theory it sounds very simple but i don't know if its something that can be done or not, not real experience with rss feeds.

If anyone can point me in the right direction or provide code in vb.net I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back