Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create an auto imaging cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joonysam

IS-IT--Management
Dec 14, 2003
US
Right now we use cd's to boot to zenworks imaging and just go through manual process. How do I create an image with some sort of config file that sets image name, proxy address, file location and such so I only have to hit enter to image?

thanks!

You must set up auto imaging from console one ,this can be done by register workstations or unregister workstations

Couple of steps to follow
1. Register your workstations in the tree
2. Create image objects in the tree
3. At the workstation object, specify which image object is to be 'dropped' on the workstation.

Couple of other suggestions
1. Add the following line to either the settings.txt file when you create the boot cds or add it into a scripted image object if you are using the linux partition:
hdparm -d1 /dev/hda
This speeds up imaging

2. I would suggest using a DNS entry for the imaging proxy server. That way you have the option of moving it around incase the server should crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back