Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

create a table

Status
Not open for further replies.

samotek

Technical User
May 9, 2005
BG
I have to build an expression for the outlays.They are divided into fixed and added.They are in fact 2 columns
for example
dlrs dlrs
fixed added
rent 200 10
water 35 20

Before building the table could you advise me shall i build 2 tables, called TblFixedoutlays and tblAddedOutlays with
exactly the same structure, or shall i build only one table with 2 fields for each outlay ?

jsust 1 table with 2 columns

just to laet you know the less tables you use per form the faster you get the results and you can make 1 table with 2 columns 1 should be the type (added/fixed) and 1 should be the number and then you can create a query per it should give you only the amounts for fixed and only the added

what ever is convient for u

I will try my best to help others so will others do!!!!!
IGPCS
Brooklyn, NY

Actuall, you need one table with THREE columns:

Type of Expense (Rent, Water, etc)
Type of Outlay (Fixed, Added)
Amount

--------------------------------------
"For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled." - Richard P. Feynman
More Access Help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back