Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create a repeating announcement for news 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdgrubbs

Technical User
Nov 25, 2020
US
Hi,

So our previous telecom resource had created an announcement that just repeats over and over when called. It looks like she used a phantom, and I could probably copy the TN config to a new number I think, but I can't find the number as a mailbox in call pilot. Where would the announcement have been recorded? I've included the TN config for reference.

DES PHANT
TN 148 0 04 06 PHANTOM
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
MRT
ERL 00000
WRLS NO
DN 4920 0 MARP
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 5
SGRP 0
RNPG 0
XLST
SCI 0
SCPW
CLS CTD DTN FBD XFD WTA THFD FNA HTD ONS
LPR XRD AGRD CWD SWD MWD RMMD LPD XHD SLKD CCSD LND TVD
CFTD SFD MRD C6D CNID CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD LLCN EHTD MCTD
GPUD DPUD CFXA ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD SDND
MBXD CPFA CPTA DDGA NAMA MIND
MCRD
EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD DNDY DNO3
CWND USMD USRD BNRD OCBD RTDD RBDD RBHD FAXA CNUD CNAD PGND FTTC
CDMR PRED MCDD T87D SBMD PKCH MPTD ELCD
RCO 0
PLEV 02
PUID
UPWD
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
FTR DCFW 4 4401
DATE 19 MAR 2020

So what is it forwarding to what is DN 4401? Also if its heading towards the callpilot did you look in the SDN's in Callpilot Manager

Hi bignose21, I looked and found the SDN in Call Pilot referencing the DN 4920. I then found it referenced in application builder, so I opened it, but I'm still lost on that application, so I keep going down this rabbit hole that never seems to end. It just seems to me like there has to be a better way to do something like this? LOL

so like you say SDN points to an Application, open that Application in App Builder, basically it starts at the begin box there is also a Rotary this is what to do with phones that do not respond to first menu with tone dialling (old hat really now), so if it goes into a box be it menu, call transfer, etc. double click on the box and you can see whats configured there. You could post a picture but its usually fairly simple to follow through. If connecting lines are shortened you can use control L to restore them or the same to shorten again.

That made perfect sense. It did exactly as you said. The app builder is a tricky little program. I had to connect the lines to the objects, but couldn't get the red stubs. It works though. Thank you so much for your reply. [bigsmile]
hurricane_line_config_ehilvd.png

Over complicated for some reason
comes in and hits a day control but all outputs go the same way so whats it there for it could be removed.
then goes to a time control (double click you will see what times are set) but both outputs go to the menu so whats it there for could be removed
so could just go begin---menu (to remove a block just left click it and press delete key)
next the menu (double click you will see any applied announcements etc, also with a right click can hide un used outputs if you want to tidy a bit)
then call transfer (double click you see the destination)

would guess the announcement in the menu gives a message and then "if you need to talk press 1", to listen to the announcements in the menu etc. you need callpilot player (get it from callpilot manager) and then just tell it your phone number (I have done these remotely by putting in a phantom forwarded to my phone, means you are not adding international etc. into Callpilot RPL, set against SDN and controls out dialling, if changing RPLs think about toll fraud as Callpilot allows thru dial and its the RPLs that control that).

Couple of things if you are not used to App Builder you may miss, there are 2 tabs of things to drag in you are looking at the basic tab, but also see the system tab, and if you havent figured it out already if you want a menu left click and hold and drag it over to the application and drop. Voice Items (announcements) have IDs and can be seen in the menus etc. but also seen centrally under the define in top menu, this is used alot in contact center as it uses the callpilot access to store all the announcements for the CC in one Application (app just has Begin---End, but under define/voice item you see all the announcements). If you need to make another application the same just file save-as and give it a new name and alter the bits you need to and save, then add new SDN to point to it.

Other than that just play its not that difficult, like you say a bit fiddly to start.

That's so awesome. Thank you for the help. I've updated the design and it seems to work much better now. The other one was repeating, then ringing and repeating. I'm not sure about the RPL's, not sure what that term means, as I'm still learning, but it is really good to consider that type of problem happening. Here is my updated design map.

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=9b146018-832c-4fe6-8e56-6206712ac5eb&file=announcment2.PNG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back