Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create a parser which will parse a PCL prn file

Status
Not open for further replies.

cshubham94

Programmer
May 20, 2016
IN
Hi

I want to create a parser in C language which will parse a particular prn file according to the PCL_XL reference spec provided by HP. The parser should be able to list out all the operator,datatype and attributes used in the prn file just like statistics provided by jetasm tool.
Can anyone guide me to the approach on how to accomplish this task.

Thanks

The PRN File Analyse tool in the PCL Paraphernalia (Windows) application (available via this web page) can provide analyses of 'captured' PCL5 and PCL XL print jobs; the 'Show Analysis Statistics' option will provide a summary of the various objects encountered.

Example of (part of ) analysis:

Capturex1_ahwuit.png

Example of (part of) statistics:

Capturex2_t2dtjc.png

I can't remember just what JetAsm provides, so I don't know how close the output of PRN File Analyse is to that provided by JetAsm.

It won't tell you how to write your own parser, but (if you do manage to write your own) it will at least provide a means of checking your version whilst testing.

PCL_XL statistics provided by JetAsm is just like PRN File Analyse. Btw.. Thanks for the reply.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back