Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

create a new user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gagz

Programmer
Nov 21, 2002
US
I'm not sure if this is something that I even CAN do. But I have a company that's going to look into my switch and do some inventory, but I figured rather than give them the only user i know of, i'd create a user for them to log in as then remove it when they are done. But the problem is i have no idea how. Is this easy or even a supported practice?

Thanks,
Marc

Check out the Software Input/Output guide for Administration (553-3001-311) in the section for LD 17. The gate opener is PWD_DATA.

You will need to know your second-level password.

If you don't know it, you should be able to get it from your vendor.

That has to be a monthly charge. If not, I want the name and number of the vendor who only charges that rate per year.

You will need password 2 to do this. to tell if you have PWD2 goto LD 22 and

REQ PRT
TYPE PWD2
PWD enter your password, if it prints out the password
list then you will be able to do this. If it keeps asking for the Password then you don't have PWD2 and won't be able to make a new user Password.

Thanks for the responses... i'm definately in the right direction, i have the level 2 pw, and i'm looking in the sw i/o guide at the gate opener for PWD, but I can't tell how to create a new one from it, and i really don't want to mess up what's there... are they any more specifics?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back