Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create a new mail profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cstorms

IS-IT--Management
Sep 29, 2006
US
Hello, is anyone aware of a way to create a new mail profile via script. Just create it and name it (maybe set it to default as well??), I am trying to find a way to make a migration go as smooth as possible with as little help desk intervention. I would do this then use the Exchange 2007 autodiscover feature to finish the process.

Any ideas are welcome. Thanks!

Cory

I created a somewhat hack of this which works for us. I took a look at the 'Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\%Username%' Reg Key of HKEY_Current_User and made a script that would create a line by line registry file. I edited the areas that would need variable infomation such as user name or the users DN infomation which you capture a some point in the script. Then once the file is created then apply the reg file to the registry. We use this in a logon script for new or roaming user to automate the account creation which works well.

first you would need to create a .prf (Profile file) that contains your exchange information and preference selections. then just use vbs something like:

objShell.run "outlook.exe /importprf User.prf"

heres how to create a .prf:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back