Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

create a mail box with no extension and 5 minute record time

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuckleweasel

Programmer
Sep 2, 2005
US
I need to create a phantom mailbox on a compact ics 7.0 with a smdr6 voice mail. It needs to have a record time of at least 5 minutes. They will be leaving long messages in this mailbox.

I think I did it. I just created a mailbox. Then I called the voice mail and entered the mb and password and it seem to work fine.

nope. after testing the mb exits after the greeting. It does not let me leave a message. and I still dont know how long the record time is or how to change it.

It only lets me set up the mailbox as information. the field reps have a phone so i will create a mb for that ext. and they can record it there.

You should be able ot build a normal mailbox for the remote users. Do you have a Call Pilot voice mail and do you have mailboxes avalible?

Just build it like any Vmail, but give it a different Class and change that Class to a longer message time.

Sounds like you're out of VM seats... If it's defaulting to an info mailbox that's generally the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back