Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

create a form from a view in SQL server

Status
Not open for further replies.

teachmecr

Programmer
Oct 1, 2006
US
Hi All-

I have a small task to achieve. I want to create a form in Access which (Access) would have possibly an ODBC connection to my SQL server database that has a view as my source for data for the form. What i want to be able to do is have the data from the SQL view to display in a form in Access and then if a user needs to update any of the information he does so. But all the updates occur through as stored procedure that i already wrote in sql server. And it has to be only one Form meaning the form that displays the info should open in edit mode. I know how to call a stored a procedure from VBA and how to pass all the parameters from VBA. I just need some good suggestion how to go about doing this. And how to fetch the recordset into the form. My view has 4 fields (Account,compname,compcity,compstate). Thanks in advance.

Can't you just link the view to your database? Then use it as the recordsource of your form. Then put an update button that will fire you vba to your sproc?

ProDev, Builders of Affordable Software Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back