Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

create a catalog of only hot files

Status
Not open for further replies.

binayr

Programmer
Jul 3, 2006
US
Want to create a catalog of hot files only, please tell me how to do it step by step. I did read help but it was not very clear to me

Thanks in advance

Create .imr, save as .ims in special path name.
Create Catalog-New, Name it, Personal, Click on the "Databases..." button, Click on "Hotfile" which is 3rd on your list, Click "New Database.." button, For "Logical Database name:" type the name of the .ims file you saved, For Location: put in the special path name by hitting Browse. click the "Test..." button and see "Successfully attached to database...showing your file name" , Click OK, OK,See a new database item under Hotfile, Click OK to have the "Tables" dialog box appear, This is your first hotfile. Click on the .ims file and click Add--> to add to the catalog tables: area. Each time you add an .ims file to that path, you need to add to the catalog tables this way. Check the "HotFiles" button and browse to your special path name to keep it there for future IMS files you will place in that area. Don't forget about Catalog Folders area to maintain. The folders will show as .ims files. You will eventually have a catalog of all hotfiles that do not read any databases! Completely local if you will. Bad idea for most typical use of Impromptu. Great for separating yourself from data that refreshes. Not sure what your business need is here. Wanna tell?

CP [cook]

Thank you very much, let me try will update you

Does any one know how to convert pdf(published Report)into excel in cognos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back