Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Create a blank row in pivot with a string in the first column?

Status
Not open for further replies.

camg

Technical User
Jun 12, 2003
CA
Hello,

Is there a way to create an empty row in a pivot? I'm exporting a pivot to a tab delimited text file to be used as a data feed for another system. Once the pivot is exported, the end of the text file must have a line "$END OF FILE" for the other system to know that the data feed is complete.

What I've done is added the totals of the pivot in the first column then replaced the label to read "$END OF FILE" instead of "Total". The problem with this solution is that there is a bunch of unwanted text after the entry (ie it reads $END OF FILE $END OF FILE $END OF FILE 150 35 122; the numbers are the totals of all columns with values).

I've been trying to figure out a way to add an empty row then add "$END OF FILE" in the first column for the output.

Does anybody know how I could go about doing this? If not, has anybody had this experience before and how did you go about resolving this type of issue?

Thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back