Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

creat VB code to show and/or hide database toolbars

Status
Not open for further replies.

rta

MIS
May 1, 2001
US
Hello.

I am trying to show the "Form View" and "Database" toolbars when a button on a switchboard form is clicked...

I have a switchboard form in a database. Some of the users, not all, need to obtain full access to the database and database window. I have set up a button, "display database window", that brings up an input box and prompts the user to enter in a password. If the password is corect, the the database window will be displayed. Right now, whenever the database is opened, the main switchboard form appears, but with the database window and access to all of the toolbars (Access toolbars, that is). What I would like to happen, whenever the database is opened, is for the switchboard form to appear and if the "display database window" button is clicked, the password screen appears- if the correct password is given, the user is able to access the "Database" and "Form View" toolbars. I know that under "tools", "start-up", you can choose what will be displayed whenever the current database is opened, but when I tried that, unchecked all of the boxes, I don't get access to the any of the toolbars. Do any of you know how I can get the toolbars to appear when the "display database window" is clicked even if I specify that the toolbars do not appear when the database is opened up under start-up? I have also tried to put in this line in my selection statement: DoCmd.ShowToolbar "Form View" but nothing happens. Please help. Thank so much.

rta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back