Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creat Mailbox task not working - Not all users effected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2003
US
I have Exchange 2003 running on a server (one domain). I have made all the users, etc. But when I use Exchange Tasks (Right Click on users go to Exchange Tasks) to CREATE MAILBOX, it appears to complete the task, but no email address appear under the EMAIL ADDRESSES TAB in Properties for that user.
Everything else seems to be ok.
It does not happen for all users, just some. I cannot find any common attributes with the ones that it is happening to.

Anyone have any idea what's happening?

Best regards,

Paul

CTO
MSCE, CCNA, Novell, Symantec SS

The Recipient Update service is responsible for creating email address from your policy template. We see that sometime this can get a little flaky, but a right click -> rebuild usually fixes everything. If anyone has a more permanant fix or explanation then I'm all ears.

I just recently had this and had never seen it before (perhaps I am lucky). It appeared to be related to Exchange 2003.
In my case, just rebooting "cured" it (haven't had to add a user or give existing users mailboxes yet).

Interestingly enough, until I rebooted, no other "cure" would fix it - there are many things that appear to cause issues with it, none of which were the issue in my case (that said, I have no clue what the issue is that rebooting fixes - but I have to say that is fairly sad - restarting a server should never have to be the answer).

There are many people having this problem on this board, and there is also what appears to be a consensus here and elsewhere that applying SP 1 to Exchange will resolve this issue.
I have yet to apply SP 1 and also have yet to test it any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back