Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

crcp certification 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2006
US

Hi all,

I am planning on taking the CRCP certification. I am a fresh graduate in MIS with absolutely no experience in using crystal reports. I have good ecperience with databases though.

After reading through all the entries in this forum, it seems like a pre-requisite to pass this certification exam is many years of experience.

Is this true? I have purchased the book by Annette Harper.

Do you think it is a good idea for me to take the test at this point?

Appreciate your responses.

I have always believed that certification and experience compliment each other and both are required in order to be a superior Crystal Reports developer. However, I don't believe the order has to be experience and THEN certification. Certification will be somewhat tougher if you lack experience, but can also serve as a great learning launchpad. You'll get a good foundation from which you can readily appreciate your coming real world experiences.

Thanks AnnetteH.

I have decided to go ahead with the certification exam. Like you said, it should be a great learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back