Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CRCP Certificates 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnetteH

Technical User
Mar 12, 2003
US
I passed the third exam in early June and still have not received my certificate. Yesterday I was told that they had been waiting for the large number of re-certifiers (apparently Crystal partners) to take the exam before processing the certificates. Now we should expect certificates in early August.

Greetings! I hear you -- passed my ACE in February and my CRCC in March; received the certificate in August of the same year.

Pony Express from the West coast to the East coast!! :)

James Keep, A.C.E.
Crystal Reports(tm) Certified Consultant 8.5 (CRCC)
CMRC
Crystal Decisions Business Partner
Montreal, Qc, Canada

Hi,
I am about to take the first test for my CRCP. What things should I know? Or, how can I best prepare without taking the class?

Thanks,
CJ

You'll find a pdf on the Business Objects site that lists the exam objectives. You can prepare for most of the exam material by reading and understanding the CR help files.

Hi AnnetteH!
I would like to know if you have your certificate now.. It's near end of August afterall.

pepeprdec

No, not yet.

I was told last week that BO switched educational printer vendors and that has delayed printing. This time, they gave no indication of when I should expect it, but assured me that I would get it.

It's getting just a trifle ridiculous.

I think AnnetteH is one of the few non-partner people to have completed the CRCP exams, and that could be part of the delay.

I've also heard that some partners have been pushing-back to BO, because they think the exams are flawed...don't know if it will do any good.

I work for a partner company and I was told the same thing regarding the certificates that AnnetteH was told.

MJRBIM: I had heard the same thing from consultants who took the exams before I did. I was also told that they revisited some of the questions and they may have reworded them.

The biggest thing you can do on bad questions is to make comments on them on the exam. If you fail the exam, you can call BO and ask that they review your comments. If they like how you justified, they will give you credit for that question. I know of several people who failed initially, but where subseuently passed because of the comments they put in.

I honestly think the certification was challenging. If it wasn't, what woiuld be the point of having it. I do think though, that they need to revisit some of the quesitons and make them a little less open ended.

~Brian

Brian :

Who do you call or e-mail at BO to challenge a result if you are not a BO partner?

There is no contact information for challenging an exam questions/results on the Exam info, PearsonVue website or from the exam interface - even if you "comment" questions.

If you know who we should e-mail our "please review" requests please let me know. I think it should be something like WT@businessobjects.com

Many Thanks,
MJRBIM

I found some numbers on their website:
It looks like it is their sales number. If you can find out who the training coordinator is, I would try to speak to him/her. If you have an account manager that you work with, or a partner company that you work, they could do some of the leg work for you if you run into roadblocks yourself.

~Brian

I took the Crystal Engineer test for version 8 and had about 6 questions that were incorrect. After about a dozen phone calls and emails, I got the email address of Paul.McFadden@crystaldecisions.com , who is in their training development area. He was able to assist me with getting the test corrected. (This was August 2003, so who knows if he is still there).

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Bob

Thanks Bob & Brian...I'll let you know how it goes.

Hi all,

For anyone who's interested, I've now been told that the certificates might be mailed by the end of September.

It may be time to get recertified in the next version by the time they finally print and deliver these.

~Brian

Just to keep everyone updated. I've now been told that the "regional manager in charge is pushing for the project to be completed by the end of this month." The project being the printing of the certificates. I can't wait to see these certificates. They should very impressive given the time and apparent effort that's gone into creating them.

'The end of this month' must be kind of like "tomorrow". It never really ever gets here.

MJRBIM,

I read your above posts and want to know how your contacting BO for reviewing exam result go?

I took CRCP level 2 exam yesterday (Oct 24th) and failed with result of 74%. I reviewed my answers after the exam and still think some of them should be correct. Some of the questions are vague and I put comments on them.

Now, I start sending email to Peason VUE and I dont know if I will get a reply. They say the will at most 3 business days. I dont have contact to call to from BO.

How did yours go?

Anybody who tried asking to review exam results from BO?

Pepperdec

I contacted Training.coordination@businessobjects.com after the exam, and asked them to review my comments.

To date, they have only sent me a canned "thank you for contacting us" e-mail.

Hey Annette, did you ever receive your certificate?
I was checking since I have not received mine yet either.

~Brian

Brian,

I got an e-mail on 11/17 that said "printer has started the printing of the certificates yesterday and should finish the print job and start mailing out certificates throughout this week and next."

I have not yet received it though.

Annette

For anyone who's interested, I have finally received my certificate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back