Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crazy Packets (part II)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1LUV1T

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2006
US
Posted this once before here: thread779-1358274
Also just now posted video here:
It's very grainy but you'll get the point. Basically, at random times the packets skyrocket to the billions, trllions++ with no end in sight. Network Utilization shows 0% so obviously there is no real packet transfers. Only solution is to reboot PC. Happens at random but to various machines on my LAN.

Any advice would be appreciated.
By the way, HP has escalated this issue before with no solution yet.

I had this thread filed under "Chattering Nic", it may pay you to Google that phrase.

Packets sent = 3,274,290,832,129. Packets received = 83
thread779-526667

linney thanks for your reply.
I read the thread and can rule out everything except the uPnP discovery stuff which I probably have enabled. Otherwise, googling "chattering NIC" produces 145,000 results and random posts suggest that it is a virus or firewall problem which I am completely ruling out. Furthermore, the thread you cited has some outdated links it seems as the Microsoft and Intel link produces nothing relevant.

Have you fixed this problem on your end? If so, what was the solution?

Thanks.

Sorry I have not fixed the problem because I have never experienced it personally so far.

Maybe you could narrow down those 145,000 results on Google by adding a few parameters to the search string that are applicable to your specifications and problem?

Another old thread for what it is worth.

windows xp broadcasting like crazy...
thread779-740814

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back