Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crazy Font Problem with WP12 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

archp2008

Technical User
Mar 22, 2008
CA
Hello,

I have a friend who has a problem with this Corel Wordperfect 12. When you open the program the font appears to be set to the default of Times New Roman 12, but the cursor line looks like the font is actually set much larger. It looks like you would expect if the font were set to perhaps 30 or 40. The text types out very large also, like font 40. When you go Print Preview the text looks normal. It certainly doesn't look nearly as big as it does on the draft screen. He says he got it this way by trying to insert horizontal and vertical lines. I spent 10 or 15 minutes at his computer trying to figure out what could be wrong but could not. I could make the text to appear larger by choosing very large fonts, but I could not get a small font, like 12 or less, to work on the screen. This setting also throws off the formatting of documents that he loads into WP12 that I email to him. It's almost as though the default font is visually magnified on the screen. Any assistance in getting this resolved short of a reinstall would be appreciated.

Does he have the view set at 100%? Or is it larger? In WP X4 you can find it under view ->zoom. It should be something similar in WP12.

Cheers.

Thanks very much. The problem has been fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back