Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crash Course for Siemens Hipath 4000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas Ebbing

IS-IT--Management
Feb 19, 2020
US
Good morning! I am hoping that some kind soul can point me in the right direction for running down some sort of crash course for programming Siemens phones. I have a background in Nortel option 11 (LDs), Avaya 8500/8800, and some Cisco stuff... but am having a terrible time with Siemens "stuff".

I've searched youtube and a lot of other sites, but the videos or documentation is in German (?).

Any assistance is monumentally appreciated!

Kind regards,
Thomas

That's a big 'ask' to begin with, however have a look at
Link

If you're just programming phones, that's one thing, but configuring the options on the phones a lot of times requires getting into the PBX. That's where it get to be a big "ask". Start with the admin manual for the phone you're working on. You should be able to find those here:
LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

@sbcsu, Thank you for the information. I'll give that a shot and see if it helps. I know we are getting ready to do an update because we are a few releases behind, and I just wasn't having any luck finding information and when I did find something, it was too new and was very different from the version we have now. :)

@LoPath, thank you as well! I will check this out too.

I think more specific questions are easier to answer here so if you have any please post them

Sign up for an account and they will give you credentials to get in. They have several courses you can take online to get you started with the basics of Admin using Assistant. They have a whole gamut of courses about the deep, technical stuff if you are looking for that too.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

I can give you brief of hardware/software/ day to day maintenance and trouble shooting.
Tell me how can i reach you .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back