Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crash 0028:C026B3D1 in VDX NTKERN when installing custom USB driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomMorey

Programmer
Nov 16, 2000
GB
Can anyone help with this? I have written a bulk USB driver that installs perfectly on the computer I used for it's development, however, whenever I try to install it on any other machine that evil blue screen appears with "A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 026B3D1 in VXD KERN(06). 000005E1". All of the machines I'm testing on are running W98 first edition and the only difference that may be significant that I can see between my development machine and the others is that mine has all of the DDKs and SDKs installed.
Is this a common problem? I am new to device driver programming and would very much appreciate any relevant advice.

Dear Tom,

I have no experience with device drivers, however, when software fails during initial execution on systems outside the development environment, the typical cause is missing dependencies.

Good luck
-pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back