Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR9 report blocks tables for long time on SQL Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

MeGGaN

Programmer
Feb 4, 2003
MX
Hi, I have some reports that are too "heavy" and they take long to generate when big periods of time are given to them. I'm running this reports when the users need them but eventually there will be a program where users will be able to run the reports without asking me to do it.

The thing is that I've found that some of this reports are causing a blocking issues while running, thus preventing the other users from completing their processes. I can control it by running them when there are few users but when this reporting program is ready, I won't be able to control it and there will be a lot more of blocking problems due to that.

I'm connecting to SQL Server using ADO. Is there a way to tell crystal not to block the tables exclusively while running the report? Or is there a way on CR 9 to modify the SQL statement generated by Crystal so I can add a (nolock) clause? I was able to edit SQL on CR 8.5 but I can't on CR9.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back