Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR9 linking tables using a formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thokern

Technical User
Mar 19, 2003
DE
I´m using CR9.0 and I would like to link two tables by means of a Date field. The two Tables (Table1 & Table2) only include a Timstamp (i.e. Table1.Timestamp) Field. So would like to strip the Time Portion of the Timestamp String to get a DateOnly Field (i.e.Table1.DateOnly). I will never get the sa password for this Database, so I need to implement this in the report itself.

I created a Formula for both fields with the fomula expert and everithing is fine so far!

As soon as I want to Link the databases with an equal join I´m only allowed to link the DATABASEFIELDS itself.

Any help welcome

If you can join the tables by other fields. you can then filter the data in the select expert using the two formulae you have developed. Down side of this is that you will bring back a lot of data to the report for filtering so it not too efficient.

Alternatively you can build the query you require joining the tables as you want, and then use this query in a Command.

Ian

You can create a Command as the data source for the report. In the Command you can enter a SQL statement...

The only other way to link on a formula within Crystal is to use a linked subreport.

- Ido

view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back