Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR9 Enterprise Scheduled reports issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

fmrock

Programmer
Sep 5, 2006
US
Hey everyone,

Not sure if anyone else has come across this problem or not. At our company, many of the end users schedule reports to be run. I would say the majority of them run on monday morning. But others do run though out the week.

The enterprise server is setup to run 5 reports at a time. But when I log in this morning, there seems to only be 2 running at a ttime, but a bunch of reocoring and pending ready to run. I know last week I had a few reports hung up and I deleted and reran them, but now only 2 run at at ime because of this (I am just guessing).

If we were to reboot, Id bet it would start up and run 5 at a time. is there away to fix this with out a reboot. This system is not housed at our location, so to reboot, i would have to contact the system admin at the other location.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

ANy ideas? Will a restart of the report server from the CMC help. I have never tried that

I restarted the "Crystal Job Server" via the CMC web client that I have access to. Any other suggestions?

Ok, well the system admin rebooted the server.

When the server came back up it started processing 5 jobs. As one job finished, a new one should start correct? But now only 4 jobs are running and one is not running the the 5ths slot.

When user run a report (not scheduled) does it use up a spot?

What version of BOE XI or Crystal Reports Server are your Running? Are you running Crystal Reports?

Check the application log on the server for useful error messages.

There is a timeout on the Job Server which may be set too short, try extending it (Stop the service, change the setting and restart the service)

The default setting for a Crystal Reports Job server is to simultaneously process 5 reports.

Are you scheduling these reports based on a start time? An event? A calendar?

Could it be that the database that the reports are hitting has a concurrent license limit? What RDBMS are the reports hitting? What type of database licensing is in place here.

Can you schedule 5 of the "Report Sample" reports to process at the same time and do they work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back