Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR8.5 and labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

pctest

Programmer
Apr 12, 2004
US
Can CR8.5 be used to create labels which can be printed on dot matrix printer? Someone tells me that CR will always eject so it won't work for dot matrix printer.

Yes, it can, although it might depend on the 'type' of label (small label/one per page, Avery style/many per page, etc.). I'm not sure what "will always eject" means.

Here's some advice if you plan on deploying the report to another machine:

1) Design the report using the same printer/driver that will be used in production.
2) If you need to set up a custom paper size for the size of the label, make sure you set up the same Custom form (name and size) on all machines the report will print from.
3) If the report might be printed on more than one make/model of printer, test with both before deploying.

I've had some ugly battles with these things...

-dave

Tell "someone" that Crystal doesn't control printing, almost no program controls printing, Windows handles it.

It'll work with any printer as well as the driver does in Windows.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back