Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CR2008 (not so) Editable Parameters

Status
Not open for further replies.

NRobertson

Technical User
May 12, 2005
AU
Hi,

I have a number of CR 2008 reports published on BusinessObjects Enterprise XI (r3) with some parameters marked as "editable" for the viewer panel. All of these parameters are appearing on the panel in infoview OK, but some are marked "read only" when viewing the reports. I double check in CR2008 and they are "editable". For client usablity we need these to be editable.

Any ideas on how to fix them?

Hi,
Are the rights granted on all the reports the same for all the users?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi,

Different groups of users have different rights to the reports, but nothing outside the default Access Levels in BOXI (View, Schedule, Administrator).

It does not seem to matter which combination of user schedules or views the report instances, the parameter is always read only where it should be editable in InfoView.

I've found a crude work around, completely removing the parameter from the report and re-building it. Seems to have fixed the problem but would have liked to not have all the extra work. If someone knows a solution if the problem comes up again that would be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back